The Adult Social Care Statistics team at NHS Digital are currently seeking to recruit a number of secondees from local authorities. The aim is to draw on their experience of working with a range of adult social care data, to improve our understanding of the uses and flows of data within the sector.
The purpose of these roles will be to:
- provide expert guidance and insight about the collection of mandatory data returns, including the development of appropriate data quality processes and guidance documentation
- take a relevant role in the development of specific aspects of national data collections, engaging with data providers across local authorities (as appropriate)
- provide expert advice and input into the preparation of Official and National Statistics and the development of solutions which best fit the needs of stakeholders and customers including local authorities, DHSC, ADASS, LGA, CQC
- support NHS Digital staff in jointly chairing the relevant collection user groups to ensure that sector level concerns are being communicated appropriately
- confidently engage with stakeholders and colleagues
- participate in knowledge transfer to ensure the analytical team develops a wider knowledge of local government practices and areas of concern for the sector
These secondment roles would be suitable for experienced performance/data or information analysts, finance professionals or individuals who are familiar with the data from one (or more) of the adult social care data returns, who would like the opportunity to:
- influence the development, content and analysis of national data collections and the way in which our official statistics are disseminated
- develop their communication skills through involvement with collection user groups and local authority networks
- increase their knowledge of national data and information standards, policies and procedures
- bring their experience to bear in developing the knowledge of the NHS Digital adult social care statistics team
- obtain insight into the production of national and official statistics.
Further information about the opportunities is available here
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the roles available and your suitability for them please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please complete the expression of interest details and return to email@example.com by close of 21st June 2019.