Donald Tusk addresses 116th Plenary Session of Committee of the Regions - 11th February 2016
Other highlights from the 116h Plenary Session.
Six opinions and two Resolutions are on the agendaof this plenary session.
On the first day, Mr Donald Tusk, President of the European Council, will discuss with CoR members the priorities for 2016. Mr Ronald Plasterk, Dutch Minister of Interior and Kingdom Relations, will present the programme of the Dutch Presidency.
On the second day, Ms Corina Creţu, Commissioner on Regional Policy, and Mr Tibor Navracsics, Commissioner on Education, Culture, Youth and Sport will exchange views with CoR members.
The full list of opinions which will be adopted by the Febrary plenary session:
- Innovation and modernisation of the rural economy, rapporteur Mr Randel LÄNTS (Member of Viljandi City Council, Estonia/PES)
- Age-friendly tourism, rapporteur Ms Annemiek JETTEN (Mayor of Sluis, Netherlands/PES)
- The integration of the long-term unemployed into the labour market, rapporteur Mr Enrico ROSSI (President of the Tuscany Region, Italy/PES)
- Union framework for the data collection in fisheries, rapporteur Mr Olgierd GEBLEWICZ (President of Westpomerania Region, Poland/EPP)
- Indicators for territorial development – GDP and beyond, rapporteur Ms Catiuscia MARINI (President of the Umbria region, Italy/PES)
- The implementation of the renewed framework for European cooperation in the youth field (2010-2018), rapporteur Mr Csaba BORBOLY (President of Harghita County Council, Romania/EPP)
CoR members will discuss on the first day of meeting a Resolutions on the Annual Growth Survey 2016, and on the second day a Resolution on the Threats to the EU's Schengen Border-free Area.